Started Sep 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,706Gear list
Like?
Got X100!!!! So excited
Sep 21, 2013

After using X-E1 extensively, just got the X100 Classic, new to me.  Paid close to $600 for one with few extra things.   I took about 50 to 100 shots and I already love it so much better than X-E1.   I now understand why people went crazy for it when it came out in 2011....

What I love immediately over X-E1 is

1) build is clearly better.  The camera is gorgeous

2) the leaf shutter sound!!!! Oh it is practically silent.  Can't compare it to X-E1 where shutter sound not only loud, it is also annoying.   I've had several times dragonflies spooked by its annoying shutter sound.   This thing is so much better

3)  Flash Xsync of whatever I want.  Even 1/1000 of a second.  How amazing is that.  Fill in flash in the middle of the day?  Here you go.   X-E1 -  1/180 of a second.

4)  Raw files that my Lightroom easily open and they are gorgeous!!!!!  So sharp, even at F/2 these Raw files, I thought I'd be shooting Jpegs like I did on X-E1, but after I saw the difference between the Raws and the Jpegs on X100, I am shooting Raws for sure.

5)  Hybrid Viewfinder.  This thing is amazing.

6) AF.   I've read so much about awful AF of X100.   Well after spending many months with X-E1, X100 is at least as fast and actually feels faster in AF than X-E1 with 35/1.4.

7) Size - perfectly comfortable.  Small but not too small.  Just brilliant.

Can't wait to take the X100 outside and see what it is truly capable of.

Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow