How many still shoot film?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ADMint
Contributing MemberPosts: 604Gear list
Like?
Re: Digital is not so inexpensive!
In reply to PaulW1978, 7 months ago

PaulW1978 wrote:

My first digital was the Fuji S2 back in 2004. Then I moved to the S3, then the S5, then the Nikon D700, and now the D800. So I figure I've spent about $15,000 on, effectively, "one camera" over this 10-year lifespan. Back in 2004, digital was more versatile but nowhere near as good as film. Now, OMG, I can shoot at ISO 5000 with terrific detail! It has far surpassed what film can do. But it's not cheap.

Sorry, this is a bit late...

Anyway believe it or not, my first digital camera is my D800E. Up until about  11/12 I was still shooting film, thus my leftover rolls of B&W film.

With digital, the convenience of instantly getting my images has increased my joy of photography even further.  Still, I recognize film has it's qualities that digital can't easily replace.

I still have great admiration and respect for those still shooting film. There's a purity there that can't be matched by the "gotta have it now" digital shooters we've all become.

My two cents.

-- hide signature --

New to this forum, not to forums!

ADMint's gear list:ADMint's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow