New Olympus OM-D

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
Extra3rd
Forum MemberPosts: 51Gear list
Like?
It all depends on the Final Output Size
In reply to KyleBio12, 10 months ago

KyleBio12 wrote:

I just bought the Olympus OM-D with the 14-42mm kit. It seem like a pretty good lens, but I'm looking at getting a few more and need some advice. I'm a biologist by trade and most of the pictures I take are in the field, so naturally I'm thinking the Oly 12-50mm because of the weather prof, however i'd like some feed back on lenses people have tried and liked. In a two lens system, I want a lens with decent zoom for wildlife shots anywhere form close range to around 100 meters away. My second lens i'd like something for just "walk through the park shooting" or family get togethers. Any experienced advice would be appreciated.

There are many m43 and other lenses you can adopt to use on your camera.

Like most people the Kit lenses used out doors with moderate light will work just fine for web,4x6, 8x10 prints.

Basically different lenses will gather more light or have a tendency to have better quality images sharpness and color rendition.

**** The 40 - 150 would be a great ourdoor lens.

**** a faster lens (2.8 or smaller F stop)  depending on your framing and distance from the subject will determine your choice ( Pana 14, Sigma 19, Sigma 30) or Oly 17 1.8

For example Here is a list of lenses I own and tried

Panasonic 14 2.5 - (Very compact) - budget lens great value and quality

Olympus 14-42 - (This copy is sharper than the 12-50)budget lens great value and quality

Olympus 12 - 50 - budget lens great value and quality

Olympus 40 - 150 - budget lens great value and quality

Olympus 75 1.8 - My Must Have Lenses

Olympus 17 1.8 - My Must Have Lenses

Sigma 19 2.8 - budget lens great value and quality

Sigma 30 2.8 - budget lens great value and quality

Old Olympus Manual Focus 50 1.4

Extra3rd's gear list:Extra3rd's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow