ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tvstaff
Contributing MemberPosts: 874Gear list
Like?
1DX - Lens Mount Stress w/1.4TC and 70-200 and 300mm
Sep 20, 2013

Hi All,

I've shot a lot with the 70-200 on my 7D and I notice a bit of movement if not very slight where the lens mounts to the camera. It weighs 3.25 lbs before filter and hood.

I don't have this movement on the 1DX as it's new. If I'll be shooting for hours at a time with the f/2.8 70-200 USM IS II and perhaps even the 1.4 TC added is this beyond the proper stress to put on the lens mount on the 1DX or am I being too gentle here?

Also,

I have a 300mm f/2.8 USM IS II at over 5 lbs I'll be shooting with and I'm used to moving in such a free way with the 70-200 to get great shots. I'm pretty sure I would not be able to hold this puppy for hours even if the Lens Mount could take it.

Is there a Gimbal that I could use on a monopod that could allow me to swing in a VERY rapid fluid motion? I've looked and have not seen anything. My concern is that the 300 mm is way too much stress to handle for hand-held shots and I need a platform that allows for very fast movement.

Also,

IS... At what shutter speed does IS become moot.  If I'm swinging in a rapid fashion with the 70-200 and shooting at 1/2500 to 1/4000 is IS doing more harm than good for focus speed and focus as a whole?

Thank you,

TV

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +14 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow