Started Sep 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lpammann
Senior MemberPosts: 2,141Gear list
Like?
my favorite models have returned
Sep 20, 2013

I haven't seen these Barred Owls for 2 months so I was very pleased to find them during my walk late yesterday afternoon. It was very dark as the sun was about to set behind a heavy cloud cover and the owls were under the canopy, conditions made for the K5. Even though I could barely see them, the K5+DA*300 was able to AF. These shots were taken at ISO 3200-6400 but still required pushing during PP after applying DeNoise 5. I consider the K5*+DA*300 to be the best choice out there for bushwalking with its light weight, outstanding IQ, and very high ISO capabilities. If Ricoh can ever deliver on its promise of a 1.4x TC, then I would say this would make the K5*+DA*300 the perfect combo for bushwalking. I hope whatever new flagship body Ricoh produces will continue to combine the light weight, rugged build, comfortable ergonomics, and high ISO performance of the K5*.

As for these owls, I have been photographing this pair for four years now, but I never get tired of capturing their beautiful, expressive faces.

LPA

lpammann's gear list:lpammann's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow