Started Sep 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 13,336
Like?
Odd OnOne issue. . . (edit added)
Sep 20, 2013

Does anyone know why this would be happening?

I downloaded the free OnOne Perfect Effects 4 and have set it up as a stand-alone editor for use with ACDSee Pro 6. After a round trip from OOPE where I saved the image as a tiff , the manager tab displays the TIFF image just fine, as does the viewer. However, both the Develop tab and the Edit tab, show alternating bars of black and white (see attachment). From the ACDSee

I experimented with sending it to the stand alone ACDSee Editor 6, and the image crashes it (editor). I also sent it to PSP X5 which tries to open it as a raw file, the PSP Raw tool, just displays pastel splotches. The only programs that appear to open the tif without problem is Lightroom 3.6 and Lightzone 4. I also tried to import the orf raw file into Lr 3.6 and then do a round trip to OnOne and the results were pretty good.

Since some editors do not like this tiff file and some do, I wonder if there is some issue with the way ACDSee and Corel view this image.

EDIT: I just completed a trial where I allowed OnOne to save in PSD format which appears to be its format of choice. This problem disappears with ACDSee Pro 6 with PSD, and did not reappear when I have ACDSee convert the PSD to tiff.

I assume the PSD saved by OO Perfect Effects 4 is an 8 bit color depth image. (does anyone know for sure?) So I guess using this tool would mean an early conversion to 8 bit color depth.

2nd Edit:  I just checked and the psd saved by OnOne seems to be a 16 bit file, so my worries were for naught.  Everything has worked out OK, I guess, but it is odd how some programs just don't work well together even though they use common intermediate steps that one would think all would use the same way.

-- hide signature --

I still like soup. . .
Now that you've judged the quality of my typing, take a look at my photos. . .
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7267302@N03/

Pentax X-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow