Sirui: How to attach center column to built-in Monopod for extra height?

Started May 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
HomoSapiensWannaBe
Regular MemberPosts: 257
Like?
Re: Sirui: How to attach center column to built-in Monopod for extra height?
In reply to HomoSapiensWannaBe, 11 months ago

Today I finally have a current M-3204X tripod. I like the two-piece column design which keeps the short column handy when needed. The longer center column section fits atop the monopod, which is what my original M-3204 would not do. An added bonus is the bottom leg sections are now marked with numbered lines so it is easy to set all three legs to the same length when the full leg extension is not needed. Recall that I originally ordered an M-3204x from Amazon, but their vendor sent an M-3204. After getting Amazon to agree to take back my original M-3204, I reordered an M-3204X from their new vendor. The price had gone down from $438.95 to $381.99, but alas, I received another out-of-date M-3204, so back it went immediately. In the end, I ordered it from B&H at the new price of $464.95, $26.00 more than my first attempt from Amazon. Also, I should note that Amazon took a 20% restocking fee on the first tripod when they gave me credit, though they did not mention they would do this when I got the return authorization.  However, today I convinced them I am due a full refund, so all is well.  This has been frustrating, however the quality and functionality of the new version made this effort worthwhile. Cheers.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow