Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CWM32
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Need a new camera for job and play
10 months ago

Recently moved to Montana and just got a job that will have me taking outside photos for insurance companies. I'm sure most of the cameras now can produce the photos in the 3-5mb size they are requiring but I'm concerned about having a camera that will cope with the weather conditions here. Cold temperatures (32-0F range), snow, rain, or sleet being my concern. We'd also like to use this camera for mostly outdoor nature photos and some at longer distances. My current camera is an old Sony DSC F717 which isn't going to make the cut with this job and really struggles with anything over 150 yards away (grizzly bears, moose).

I'm really trying to keep this under $800 and I'm considering this http://www.costco.com/Pentax-K-30-2-Lens-Weatherproof-DSLR-Bundle-Blue.product.100034661.html.  My concern is that the K-30 has temperature rating down to 14F and I'm sure to be reaching that or lower.

Any recommendations or helpful tips would be great because I'll have to get it very soon.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow