OT. One of my wild neighbours - a little battle-scarred.

Started Sep 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tony brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,102Gear list
Like?
OT. One of my wild neighbours - a little battle-scarred.
Sep 19, 2013

One of my best looking wild neighbours with a new fur coat after the summer moult. The living is good just now with masses of berries, fallen fruit, nuts and mild conditions. Foxes must love this time of year.

She is 2+1/2 years old now and obviously finding enough food after we had a great summer.

However, she had a violent fight with her mother at the end of March when her sister gave birth to three kits. They were all living together until then and I guess the food supply wouldn't provide for the new mouths as well, so she was evicted. That's what they do. The same applies to the new offspring by the end of Autumn. They have to fend for themselves.

The broken canine, the missing teeth and the permanent damage to the skin at the end of her nose will remain and conveniently give me a means of identification but only when I stay up all night to take still photographs to get the detail. Usually, it is low res infra-red video which I capture but the image resolution is inadequate and there is no colour either.

Still, it's a great passtime for the retired and keeps me enjoying photography.

Cheers, Tony.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow