Will Olympus finally take video seriously w/ EM-1?

Started Aug 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
honeyiscool
Contributing MemberPosts: 950Gear list
Like?
Re: It's very clear now: Olympus won't focus on video!
In reply to Pixnat2, 11 months ago

Pixnat2 wrote:
Very valid arguments, I understand you very well. 5 axis IBIS is awesome for stills too, but I agree that it's like a built-in steadycam for video, which is awesome, and understand your frustration.

Maybe time to donate to VK for hacking the E-M1?

-- hide signature --

Perhaps. But I was under the impression that Olympus cameras are less prone to hacking. Not that I know much about that topic, but.

In any case, I'm likely going to buy the EM-1 anyway, and I will use it for stills AND video. I just wish that it wasn't something I would eventually outgrow if I decided to take video more seriously. All because of an encoder, which would be an easy fix.

Even with all its faults, nothing changes the fact that the EM-1 is the only M43 camera on the market that can give me a place to mount a Rode VideoMic Stereo and deliver stabilized video w/ a 25mm f/1.4, and yes, I do need that kind of low light performance. Even f/1.8 can be a little dark at times at 1/30 shutter and ISO 3200.

That said, if the next crop of NEX cameras does something remarkable, I might have to get one.

honeyiscool's gear list:honeyiscool's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow