Pentax K3 rumor from the plant... shhh...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
solarider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,761Gear list
Like?
Re: What 20MP sensor outperforms the K-5/II/IIS ?
In reply to pixelsmithy, 10 months ago

Boy pixelsmithy you're just regurgitating FUDD. That sucks, especially when others pick up on it and go into a slump and spread the gunky slime around.

Pentax will have likely Sony custom make them a sensor for 14 bit and have it optimized for still photo quality over video.

Whatever they come up with, it will be as good as it gets for the tech.

It might be 20 or it might be 24 MP, we'll see when it's announced.

I don't think they'll be letting anyone down.

pixelsmithy wrote:

DLBlack wrote:

Ricoh rep was in the local camera store. He was excited about the new high-end aps-c camera that is going to be announced in early Oct.

If the OP's rumor is true and it is a 20MP sensor, then who did Pentax go with? Sony (SLT 58) or back to Samsung (NX200/300)? (Canon's sensor is even worse than those two). It looks to me like there is going to be a net LOSS of Dynamic Range to go with the gain in megapixels. Even factoring in that the cameras currently out there using the Sony/Samsung sensors are only 12-bit and the Pentax will presumably be 14-bit, I'm guessing that the Dynamic Range will go backwards 1/2EV.

Frankly, the Dynamic Range is more important to me.

-- hide signature --

A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant, and the crazy, crazier.
- H.L.Mencken
_ _ _ _ _
History would be something extraordinary, if only it were true. Leo Tolstoy
_ _ _ _ _
Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media.
Noam Chomsky
_ _ _ _ _
Science... became scientism, which means it didn't just pursue its own truths, it aggressively denied that there were any other truths at all... Ken Wilbur
_ _ _ _ _
At any given moment, there is a sort of all pervading orthodoxy, a general tacit
agreement not to discuss large and uncomfortable facts… Anyone who
challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising
effectiveness. - George Orwell
_ _ _ _ _
“It's not a matter of whether the war is not real, or if it is, Victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. … The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over [the purported enemy], but to keep the very structure of society intact.” George Orwell, 1984
- - -

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DaleNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow