Started Sep 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
havoc315
Senior MemberPosts: 1,527Gear list
Like?
Clue about A-mount future based on Best Buy
Sep 19, 2013

I noticed that Best Buy is no longer carrying the A-mount in-store.  (At least not in any NY area location).  They aren't carrying the A58 in stores.. They aren't carrying the A77 in stores.  They aren't carrying the A65 online or in stores.

On the other hand, Best Buy is carrying the A3000 in stores.

Retail product placement is generally a joint decision between the manufacturer and the retailer -- That is,, the manufacturer negotiates for prime floor space when negotiating wholesale prices, inventory etc.

So Sony can say... "we'll give you a better wholesale price on Sony televisions, but we want you to set up a Sony photography display on an aisle."

Anyway... between Sony and Best Buy -- however the exact decision got made -- The NEX gets very prominent in-store placement.  The A3000 is being carried in stores.  The A-mount available only for online special orders.

To me, this may be the strongest evidence I've seen yet, of Sony's real plans for the A-mount.

havoc315's gear list:havoc315's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow