Will Olympus finally take video seriously w/ EM-1?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Pixnat2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,191Gear list
Like?
OT : One last comment about the film, and then we should probably return to the thread.
In reply to Corkcampbell, 10 months ago

Corkcampbell wrote:

There were a lot of little side stories in the movie, such as technology, but they were shallow and not necessary to the heart of the film. The real story was the father/daughter relationship...what tormented the father, why he gave her up, etc. It's a story about inner-demons, guilt, closure, and similar. The whole baseball thing was just the vehicle, as were the villains, Eastwood's curmudgeonly behavior, the daughter's new romance, whatever.

Now that I've said that, I may google up a few reviews and see what others thought.

The last comment, promised

It's very interesting how different people can have different perceptions. For me, the key message of this story was how people can be fooled by new technology, and how important are human feelings and experience, or, in other terms, the machines (computers) can't replace humans.

It shows too how enslaved by technology the young generation is : the daughter always hanged by her mobile phone (she throws it in a garbage can at the end of the movie, symbol of her new freedom), Philip Snyder unable to work without his computer and completely fooled in the end.

The father/daughter relationship was an important part of the story of course, but I interpreted it as a secondary part, to add drama and substance to the movie.

That said, it's the mark of a good movie : different people can interpret it differently!

Happy movie, and let's get back to the topic

P.S. sorry to the OP for speaking about a movie in a video thread

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow