St. Lamberti church, Munster. D300 with Tokina 12-24 mm 4.0

Started Sep 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
habu7 OP
Contributing MemberPosts: 518Gear list
Re: St. Lamberti church, Munster. D300 with Tokina 12-24 mm 4.0
In reply to Ronan_M, Sep 19, 2013

very nice set and PP!

funny I'm considering a UWA lens for the D300s and I'm torn between the Tokina 11-16 and the Sigma 10-20 (slow version). I'm leaning to the Sigma at the moment, as I dont need the 2.8 and the Sigma range seems to be a bit more useful

I had the sigma 10-20 a few years ago and loved the 10mm setting to bits. I sold it because i found the distortion too much and the corner sharpness wasn't to my liking. Here is a set that was made with the Sigma:

I then bought the Tokina 11-16 2.8, that one is so sharp and the 2.8 in difficult lighting is a blessing. I sold it because i was in a financial pinch but have regretted it every moment. Here is a set with a lot of 11-16 pics:

Iwas without an UWA for some time, but i really missed the wide option. Then on a second hand site i saw the 12-24 for a ridicously low price and decided to get it. I must say that i love this lens. Sharpness is wicked, the angle is wide enough and 4.0 is still pretty good. I'm sticking with this one for some time to come!

habu7's gear list:habu7's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow