AI-S lenses

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
NancyP
Senior MemberPosts: 3,653Gear list
Like?
Re: AI-S lenses
In reply to sgoldswo, 10 months ago

Thanks!

As a Canon user, I get the best of "both" (actually many) worlds, being able to use old Nikon, M42, Olympus, Pentax, and other mount lenses, but sadly, not the original Canon FD lenses, most of which require major surgery to change the adaptor (difference in mount registration is only 0.5mm). Both C and N users can consider old medium format lenses, which however tend to be more expensive (and much heavier) than 35mm format equivalents, and longer enlarger lenses, allowing tilt-swing-shift via various adapters. Arsat, Ukrainian brand, also makes tilt-shift-swing lenses for 35mm format - I don't know how good these are. But, like all PC-E/TS lenses, they  are manual focus. I'd also like to put in a good word for the new Samyang/ Rokinon/ Bower/ Pro-optic lenses - these are quite sharp, have low coma (I do astrophotography so I care about coma), and c-h-e-a-p. 14mm f/2.8 full frame lens is $330.00 or so. OK at f/2.8 but very sharp at f/4, with oodles of vignetting on FF and funky mustache distortion for which there are user-built lens profiles on the internet, should you wish to correct the distortion.

-- hide signature --

NancyP

NancyP's gear list:NancyP's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow