X-A1 = X100 non trans with lenses in a small body

Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,733Gear list
Like?
Re: X-A1 = X100 non trans with lenses in a small body
In reply to Ed B, Sep 19, 2013

Ed B wrote:

I agree that the Bayer sensor in the entry level Fuji is probably a Sony sensor but that has nothing to do with the X-Trans sensors.

Two completely different technologies.

And I hate to sound completely ignorant but who is Rico P? Does he work for Fuji?

I've only been using an X-E1 since they were introduced so maybe I'm just too new to the Fuji X cameras to know who the technical experts are.

Fuji can currently use either Toshiba made sensors or Sony made sensors. The toshiba made sensors are in a way "fuji" as they are made in the plant that fuji previously owned.

This is absolutely nothing strange, disassemble any japanese camera and you will see that most of the components are made by other japanese companies. There is also fujitsu, which is a siemens that makes lot of the components. The sensor manufacturing for consumer APS-C digital photo imaging is now centered mostly in 3 major companies.

There are many other companies making sensors for phones or industry or other applications, but in digital cameras it is very centric to few majors.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow