Future of M43 and slow dismissal of things it CAN'T do.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mferencz
Regular MemberPosts: 227Gear list
Like?
Future of M43 and slow dismissal of things it CAN'T do.
10 months ago

I started a few years ago with the Oly EP-1,  and it was a comprimised tool.  Great and beautiful photos but limited in a lot of ways.  I now have and EP-5 for a year or so.  It's truly a wonderful tool.  It's fast, light, and takes photos that can rival cameras at 3 times the price.  I have a handful of lenses that are equally light and useful.  With the addition of the PDAF on the EM-1 and the new viewfinder, m43 is of age.  One can only hope the world takes notice.  Tough when peoples investment in other companies pulls their interest and dollars.  The only thing I think the FF wolves can rest their teeth upon is narrow DOF issues.  M43 is more than capable of producing pleasing backrounds but not like a FF camera.  What can be done about this perceived shortcoming???? Any ideas.  Sure there is post processing tricks that are getting very close, but im speaking in camera?  I understand the physics, but what could theoretically be possible in manipulating the lens, the sensor and subsequently the image?  Any thoughts.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow