ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alberto76
Contributing MemberPosts: 731
Like?
Epson R3000, printing costs and comparison with silver gelatin prints
10 months ago

Dear all,

I'm not around on this forum often and probably this is my first post here so, as a first thing, hello to everyone!

I like printed photos and I do a lot of black and white work. So far I have used different printing services, all of them doing wet printing from digital images. For black and white prints I have always used Ilford silver gelatin paper (either at IlfordLab or by means other labs that use the same paper and similar printing techniques). I have seen, though, some fantastic black and white pigment printing (but I still have to find a lab that really has the quality that I have seen).

In the last days I started thinking about purchasing a photo printer and, by searching on the Internet, I quickly understood that a good candidate could be the Epson R3000. Before evaluating it seriously (of course I would like to try it with some of my pictures before buying it!) I am here to ask a couple of questions:

* In your experience, which are the printing costs with this printer? Have you done any estimation about printing 20x30cm and 30x45cm pictures both black and white and color?

* Have you ever compared prints done by the R300 with the ones obtained by using wet printing on silver gelatin? Any comment on that?

What I would like to understand, at the end, is if the quality would be the one that I am lookin for and if the printing prices are OK (i.e., if printing prices are the same as printing at the lab, then why bother buying a printer myself? Well, except for the wish of experimenting ).

Regards,

Alberto

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow