Started Sep 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
kevin Auyong
Regular MemberPosts: 303
Like?
Re: help me save this hpz3100 printer
In reply to Joe0Bloggs, Sep 19, 2013

Joe0Bloggs wrote:

kevin Auyong wrote:

I have a HPz3100 printer that has sat turned off for a few years. Don't know if it is all clogged up or what.

So far I get the expired ink cartridge message but also I get the message that 4 of the ink cartridges need to be reseated. I pull them and reinstall and the LED shows all cartridges in place. I hit ok and it goes back to expired ink cartridge message. I hit ok and acknowlege the message there is no warranty for using expired ink and it loops me back to the message the same 4 ink cartridges need to be reseated. This repeats over and over.

My 3 questions are
1. What do I do about this?
2. Where the cartridges seat and the ink nozzle touches a round receptor, would it be a good ide to take a q tip and distilled water and soak those points for a few minutes then gently wipe them in case ink has dried there?
3. Any ideas of a process or things to do to get this printer up and running?

-- hide signature --

hey really . . . I'm only trying to help

I'm no expert and only taking the situation at face value but, have you considered that the expired ink may, indeed, be expired and you may have to buy a new ink set to proceed further with your troubleshooting?

-- hide signature --

My free HDR toning/sharpening program
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52071735
My free Microdetail Sharpening action
http://simplexx.net/Joe0Bloggs/index.html

yes. I have some new cartridges coming tomorrow. But before I put them in I wondered of cleaning those recepticles was a good idea. Earlier on the display did indicate all the print heads were fine when I first switched it on.

-- hide signature --

hey really . . . I'm only trying to help

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow