Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ajackphd
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
My Canon Powershot A 720 IS died...
10 months ago

I bought this camera in 2007 for under $300 and has served me marvelously well. I took it travelling all over the world and have used it on hikes, to the beach, and on day trips everywhere. But it looks like it has finally bit the dust.
I need advice about a suitable replacement. I like a camera with excellent optics, that is compact enough to put in my pocket, but has a decent zoom and ideally a means to easily create wide angle and panorama shots if necessary. I like the fully automatic as well as fully manual option, and ability to shoot rapid continuous shots (for wildlife and action shots) and close ups. I like a built in flash. Although I rarely used it, the viewfinder was great to have in bright sunlight. The only complaint I had about this camera was the slow recharge time under flash conditions. I loved that it took ordinary AA batteries (great for travelling in remote places) and took SD cards. It had 8 megapixels and 6X optical zoom  35 - 220. 
So help. Any suggestions?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow