ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bobkeenan
Contributing MemberPosts: 685Gear list
Like?
To EVF or not to EVF on RX100M2
10 months ago

iI

I am in a quandry.   Do I get an EVF or not.  I have had a lot of point and shoots and now a DSLR and all of them had OVFs.  I got the RX100M2 mostly because its one of the best compacts AND its pocketable.

But now I find that I am constantly putting the LCD screen up to my eye.  Which does not work.....  In addition I need reading glasses or progressive lens glasses.  All of the other cameras, with an OVF,  had an adjustment for my eyes.  So I did not have to go on shoots with my glasses on all the time.

So an EVF solves that right?  But then it looses the pocketablity.  I would have to pull the EVF off and slip it into another pocket and the reverse process to take a shot.  It sounds cumbersome...... But it has to be pocketable.   I am not wearing it around my neck or on my belt.

So..... my decision is what is more of a pain.... Wearing my glasses all the time or assembling and disassembling the EVF....

Any thoughts to help me decide.

Bob Keenan
http://www.bobkeenanphoto.com

bobkeenan's gear list:bobkeenan's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +2 more
Sony RX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow