An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why

Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Adrian Van
Contributing MemberPosts: 580Gear list
Like?
Re: An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why
In reply to mpgxsvcd, Sep 19, 2013

The poster of this thread should not complain. With the introduction of EM1, this may have something to do with lower price of EM5 from original $999. US for body to now $100. less discount, and on some occasions of sales, it was as low at $850. for body. Good news for all!

I think, complaining about the price of EM1 means you (or others) actually wish you had that camera (if it was priced lower), or maybe you would not be complaining. Who wouldn't want it at the right price. No? Or maybe I am mistaken.

The EM5, although does not have all the same latest bells and whistles, such as high spec EVF, is still a fine camera, with great image quality, and 5axis IS, fast AF anyway, (not the C-AF of new camera), and I am even considering EM5 now that price is down.

The EM1 is also a good choice for anyone wanting to sell off their APSC DSLR and buy it instead, as one camera solution for advanced enthusiast or pro. Or go with 2 systems.

Those with HG or SGH 43 lenses will likely love the new camera, as liveview is at least quite usable especially in good light according to reviews like Robin Wong and dpreview "restated" it was comparable to E5 AF speed after trying both. Not as fast as some other brands, but still very usable.

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow