An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,645Gear list
Like?
Re: An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why
In reply to Corpy2, 11 months ago

Diatribe: “A bitter, sharply abusive denunciation, attack, or criticism:”

Bring back the thumbs down voting button for this thread only.

The EM-1 is a fine camera for what it was designed for. It was designed to give 4/3s users an option other than dumping their 4/3s lenses. It is meant to get them to embrace m4/3s and hopefully buy m4/3s lenses in the future.

The remaining 4/3s community is not enough to turn Olympus’s fortunes around but those sales won’t hurt. They will continue to sell EM5s just as they have always done because the price is coming down to a more reasonable level.

Some people like big cameras, some people like small cameras. Some people like viewfinders, some don’t. Some people don’t mind large high quality expensive lenses, some do. Some people want video, some don’t. Some people want a battery grip, some people simply are fine without one. Some people like IBIS, some people like In lens IS, and some people just don’t need IS.

All of these things can and should co-exist. The nice thing is that m4/3s offers all of those things. That is something that none of the other systems can do quite as well as m4/3s. So if m4/3s has to add a 4/3s and m4/3s hybrid camera in order to satisfy a requirement for a very small portion of the community I am fine with that. They make the GH3 for my needs so I am not complaining since I know that most people don’t need everything that it offers like I do.

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow