Unhappy with NEX 7, but no good alternative...

Started Sep 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dellaaa
Regular MemberPosts: 450Gear list
Like?
Unhappy with NEX 7, but no good alternative...
Sep 18, 2013

Sorry if this comes as a rant, but what better place ? And btw I am ready for the fanboys.

During my last outing with the NEX 7, I made up my mind that the camera will go. Its with very mixed emotions that I say this.

Why? Because it is without a doubt the worst shooting experience that I have had in many years of making pictures.

Scenario: My son's high school marching band program.

Equipment: NEX7, Metabones adapter Nikkor 75-300 zoom.

What went wrong:

1) Hit the rear control wheel OUTER BUTTONS, not the control wheel which I HAD locked, the OUTER BUTTONS (which are not to my knowledge lockable) 3 or 4 times bringing up flash compensation and the visual level.

2) Hit the video button, which is now disabled, 2 times.

3) Wanted to shut off picture review, fo the life of me I couldn't find it in the menues.

4) Switched back and forth with HDR, had to first switch Image Quality from RAW to FINE.

Every time I use this camera I get aggravated, I have never had this problem with my Nikon SLRs or my Canon G10.

I love the sensor, love the EVF but the rest of the camera is the worst. Button scarce designs are the worst IMHO, for shooting. What does it buy you to have 5 functions associated with 1 button?

So two questions:

Am I alone in this? Anyone else feel the same or am I the only challenged one?

What is a good alternative, I am thinking the new Olympus.

Sorry Sony, it's not you , it's me.

dellaaa's gear list:dellaaa's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow