Best way to carry/use 2 cameras

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
HomoSapiensWannaBe
Regular MemberPosts: 256
Like?
Re: OpTech dual harness
In reply to cyrano, 10 months ago

cyrano wrote:

I use this to carry two large bodies with 24-70 and 70-200 lenses during long event shoots:

OP/TECH dual harness

I've used the Black Rapid dual-camera system, too. For event work, I prefer the OP/TECH dual harness for these reasons:

(1) There is no concern about putting heavy loads on the tripod sockets.

(2) There is no concern about dropping a camera if any single connector fails.

(3) There is no concern about connectors coming loose.

(4) The cameras are more stable against my body when I'm walking around -- which is really important when shooting in crowded venues.

(5) It's much easier to use this system with a tall flash bracket, as the camera remains upright when not in use. I can drop the camera/flash/bracket rig to my side without having the flash risk hitting the ground.

I find the OP/TECH system very comfortable for extended shoots. It's also very reasonably priced.

Excellent system!  I prefer the Op/Tech double sling, though.  Securing the straps to both camera lugs gives peace of mind, but is not necessary except perhaps with heavy pro cameras and big lenses. I attach only to the left lug (opposite the grip). This way there is no strap in the way on the grip side, and it is easier to shoot verticals.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow