FF NEX: Too expensive NEX or an inexpensive Leica?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alohaman
Contributing MemberPosts: 504Gear list
Like?
FF NEX: Too expensive NEX or an inexpensive Leica?
10 months ago

Many threads on the FF NEX with all kinds of opinions what its features might be and its cost. In general, the groups are split into (1) It's going to be too expensive, and (2) Screw the cost, I've been waiting for this FF NEX.

I believe in #2. Coming out of the Canon FF world, I wanted something smaller, so I chose the NEX. But I also wanted to satisfy my Leica-lust, so I chose the NEX-7 because some enthusiastic (and misleading) reviewers called it the "Leica-killer". Funny thing is that the NEX-7 and all the other Leica killers have made Leica lenses so much in demand that prices of new/used Leica lenses have gone way up and availability of some lenses approaching zero. So much for Leica killers.

But since I've chosen to avoid Leica lenses in favor of Zeiss Z mount lenses, the FF NEX is my "inexpensive" substitute for a digital Leica body. Screw the cost but, Sony, please keep the cost about 1/3 that of a Leica M240": $6950/3 = $2316

Alohaman's gear list:Alohaman's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 650D Olympus E-M1 Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow