Ken Rockwell again: "Canon 5DIII/6D are better/far ahead of Nikon D600/D800"

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
wireless
Regular MemberPosts: 439Gear list
Like?
Re: Ken Rockwell again: "Canon 5DIII/6D are better/far ahead of Nikon D600/D800"
In reply to I a n, 11 months ago

I a n wrote:

wireless wrote:

The only thing that kind of bothers me about TH is his nearly constant negativity toward Nikons. Yes he has a lot of good points and you wish Nikon would listen to him but if you use Nikon it sort of dawns on you after reading all his negative opinions, the gear is really not so bad as he portrays it!

But really his negativity is about what the corporation or the camera industry are doing/not doing. The actual gear he says plenty of good things about. The thing I like about him is he is a pragmatist. He talks about gear as it relates to actually making pictures not just to have the latest gear. He tries to get us to put the focus on ourselves and not gear.

My dad used to always say he "wasn't a pessimist, wasn't an optimist, but a realist."

I'm an optimist myself, glass half-full, and while Nikons aren't perfect I am surely not going to dwell on the negatives as he tends to do.  But that's how he makes a living.  Look at the percentage of posts about Nikon DSLRs.  I bet 90% at least are generally or wholly negative in tone.  Interesting but negative.  That said I value his opinions and he's the only one of those photography blogger types I read regularly.  Oh I read Tim Grey's newsletter (sober helpful a tad boring but thorough) too.  A lot of my best information for taking photos comes from the great photographer's in this forum.

best, David

wireless's gear list:wireless's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
6D?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow