An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
s_grins
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,133Gear list
Like?
Re: Barry M Goldwater.. Just a correction on the "S" kind of a legend here in AZ, USA.
In reply to Zensu11, 7 months ago

Zensu11 wrote:

Roger Engelken wrote:

lambert4 wrote:

Roger Engelken wrote:

4) Finally, in summation, to paraphrase the Goldwater campaign (Goldwater? Who's that? Bring your grandfather some daisies and ask him)

Republican Presidential Candidate in 1964 who ran against Lyndon Baines Johnson, and lost in one of the largest landslides in American presidential history. Barry S. Goldwater was his name.

I will leave the rest of it for others to reply to.

-- hide signature --

Here's to learning something new everyday, and remembering it the next.

I should know better than to mess with those people from Arizona.

I'm surprised no one seems to have caught the "daisies" comment.

LBJ ran a commercial on TV against Goldwater that showed a young girl pulling petals off a daisy, the sound faded to a man's voice counting down from 10 while zooming in on the little girl's eye. When the mans count got to zero a reflection in the girl's eye showed an atomic bomb mushroom cloud. Many people though the commercial was gutter politics but many also thought the commercial elected LBJ as President. I'm a liberal but I still respect Sen Goldwater as a conservative honorable man.

Oh yes, Barry Goldwater was conservative but was also a pragmatic politician. He served Arizona well as it's Senator and as a photographer. He captured many stunning images of Arizona with his tripod mounted Hasselblad.

Bobby

Thank you. Bobby. I did not have a chance to see this commercial. After all, LBJ did not start nuclear war, he unleashed Vietnam war instead. This the way I remember him.

-- hide signature --

Looking for equilibrium...

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow