The Camera Matters.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
howardroark
Senior MemberPosts: 2,683Gear list
Like?
Re: The Camera Matters.
In reply to rickyred, 7 months ago

rickyred wrote:

I have found that a poor design camera can get in the way of your creatvity. My 7D can blend in with my hand and become part of me as I create. I really dont think about the camera when in creative mode. So to me a great camera just does it job and doesnt get in the way.

One of the articles I read after posting this pointed out the fallacy of saying "a good photographer can do just as good with camera X as they can with camera Y" in that it ignores the reasons a photographer chose camera X over camera Y in the first place.  The camera affects how one photographs, what one photographs, and the ability to adapt quickly enough to get shots that might require a quick response time.  So getting great shots from many different types of cameras does not mean you would get the same shots had you chosen to use a different camera in those same situations.

I feel the same way about my 7D.  It has become such an extension of myself that I almost dread upgrading.  Maybe that's why it would take some really compelling features in a Mark II to convince me to spend the money.  Not only am I very happy with the output, I'm also very happy with the overall experience of using it.

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow