The Camera Matters.

Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: The Camera Matters.
In reply to rickyred, Sep 18, 2013

rickyred wrote:

I have found that a poor design camera can get in the way of your creatvity. My 7D can blend in with my hand and become part of me as I create. I really dont think about the camera when in creative mode. So to me a great camera just does it job and doesnt get in the way.

One of the articles I read after posting this pointed out the fallacy of saying "a good photographer can do just as good with camera X as they can with camera Y" in that it ignores the reasons a photographer chose camera X over camera Y in the first place.  The camera affects how one photographs, what one photographs, and the ability to adapt quickly enough to get shots that might require a quick response time.  So getting great shots from many different types of cameras does not mean you would get the same shots had you chosen to use a different camera in those same situations.

I feel the same way about my 7D.  It has become such an extension of myself that I almost dread upgrading.  Maybe that's why it would take some really compelling features in a Mark II to convince me to spend the money.  Not only am I very happy with the output, I'm also very happy with the overall experience of using it.

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BothNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow