HEY OLYMPUS! I’m irritated as %@&#!!!

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
peevee1
Senior MemberPosts: 5,443Gear list
Like?
Re: Interesting comment. Now a question for you...
In reply to erichK, 11 months ago

erichK wrote:

3DrJ wrote:

peevee1 wrote:

3DrJ wrote:

In other words, introductory rebates are a separate issue. Thing is, some kind of rebate is offered in each region, and the items have a retail value that is approximately equal.

In N. America, it's the MMF3 or FL300R, retail price of these is ~$200. But the HLD7 also retails for $200. All 3 are worth about the same. Which accessory qualifies for rebate does NOT change the overall price, or value received.

But the retail value and COST to Olympus are two different things.

I would gladly pay an extra $50, perhaps even $75 to have the rebate apply to the grip rather than a flash- which I doubt they could produce for an in-house cost of $5

Compare to the price of a LED flash light in you local Walmart (2 for $6 in mine), subtract distribution, delivery costs and retail margin. I had the FL-300R and sold it, it is a dingy little plastic thing with 2 AA batteries, so cheap, even the flash included with E-M5 is better made.
I mean really, all those battery-run toys in Walmart have obviously higher marginal costs (AND I WAS TALKING ABOUT MARGINAL COSTS IN MY POST), at least if they are produced with the comparable efficiency to the flash.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow