Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
seasport
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Olympus Has Sent Me Shopping
7 months ago

While I'm waiting to hear reviews of actual users on how their 4/3 lenses work on the new EM-1. I am extremely disappointed that Olympus abandoned its 4/3 line-up. I currently shoot with an E-30 and mainly use the 12-60 and 50-200 lenses. I do a lot of sports photography and have been waiting for over three years for a serious upgrade to my E-30 (I did not feel that there was that great of an improvement as it relates to the E-5 over the E-30).

With their recent announcement, I'm looking for a new plan A.

I'm currently looking for suggestions as to the best Canon body and lens combinations to replace my current set-up.  With FF prices dropping so low... I'm not sure if its better to go full frame or with a crop sensor. Please take into consideration that I shoot outside sports (mainly football) which many times finds me shooting in rain and low-light situations.

Timing is not important to me. I was hoping to upgrade to a new Olympus body this year (in expectations of an E-7, E50 or whatever). But now I've got to save up a few more pennies because I know I have to get the Canon 70-200 2.8 IS USM

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow