Started Sep 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Castaway
Senior MemberPosts: 1,918Gear list
Like?
LX7 or G15
Sep 18, 2013

I am looking to get a more portable camera to go with my FZ200 an have been looking at the LX7 and the G15. Would probably carry it in a belt pouch.

I have ruled out the LF1 as having a ring finger that will not fully close I find the LF1 too small for holding the camera and adjusting the front ring.

I like the 24mm and 1.4 lens on the LX7, also the aperture ring and time lapse feature. I am also happy with only 90mm at the long end.  I don't so much like the Lumix menus system, even on the FZ200 after a year I still push the wrong buttons too frequently.

With the Canon I like the manual controls, particularly the exposure adjustment wheel, viewfinder and the size is very close to the Lumix but not quite such a nice shape. Pity that they don't have any adjustment features on the lens ring.

At the moment, until the end of the month the Canon is less than $400 whereas the LX7 is around $470.

I am planning to sell off some Pentax lenses to cover the cost but would have no problem buying before the lenses are sold.

I do tend to lean towards the Panasonic, (probably brand loyalty and that lens) but would probably wait and watch prices. With the Canon I might jump in with the good price.

What are your thoughts on the 2 cameras and why I should buy one over the other.

Thanks so much for your input

-- hide signature --
 Castaway's gear list:Castaway's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30
Canon PowerShot G15 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow