DA 55-300 vs DA* 300 f4

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
veroman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,253Gear list
Like?
Re: My 55-300 at 300mm ...
In reply to awaldram, 11 months ago

awaldram wrote:

... all the 'what a great lens 'posts images are postage stamp where quite frankly a 2001 P&S could look good ..... to me the very fact all these beautiful colorful images are posted low res with additional sharpening prove the 'run of the mill' accusation more than anything anyone could say ...

It seems to me that you don't fully understand the relationships between image resolution, image size, screen resolution, screen size and pixel density.

In any event, there's overwhelming testimony by any number of reputable online review sites as well as 55-300 owners that underscore the value of the 55-300 and remove it from the "run-of-the-mill category."

I, for one, would never waste my time defending a lens that's universally acknowledged as "poor," nor would anyone else in their right minds.

It's safe to say that the 55-300 represents excellent value and that some samples of this lens are not up to par.

-- hide signature --

SteveG
'When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.'
— Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie
www.stephenmichaelgarey.com

veroman's gear list:veroman's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus PEN E-P5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow