The Camera Matters.

Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: The Camera Matters.
In reply to Stollen1234, Sep 18, 2013

Stollen1234 wrote:

not sure why such a long posting..propably the longest in dpreviw history..

Yeah, well....with all the smartphone nonsense being discuss and people busting out he phrase "the camera doesn't matter" left and right I decided to just write my thoughts down a few weeks ago.  With the new iPhone and some reviews of the 70D being published by photographers of questionable judgement and reputation I figured I'd go ahead and post it and let it sink or swim.

camera matters but other things are important too like the photographer..

Camera matters but there are some components of the camera which matters the most ..like a good lens which is suitable for the object..

examples: a person running with a leica m9 and a 5000 dollar lens who has no clue what f and iso are..can for sure not making great shots..

another a guy using let say canon 30D with L lense who knows what he is doing with good talent can achieve spectacular shots

Of course.  The fallacy of the argument that something doesn't matter is that just because more than one thing is required for an art form like photography to exist doesn't mean those things have to share a limited amount of "matter."  If one can't exist without the other, then those two things matter a lot and should not be discounted out of hand.  They are very different considerations, the artist and the equipment, but that just means they need to be treated differently instead of one made inferior to the other.  Which is more important, the bullet or the gun?  The ocean or the fish?  My heart or my liver?  If one would be useless without the other the argument shouldn't degrade to a competition of what matters more.  We should be adults and have enought intelligence and wisdom to think of things in terms that are not absolutes.

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BothNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow