Canon Pixma Pro-100. YES THERE IS A MAJOR DRIVER ISSUE !!!!

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bogus Baxter
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Canon Pixma Pro-100. YES THERE IS A MAJOR DRIVER ISSUE !!!!
11 months ago

There is indeed a MAJOR MAJOR malfunction happening with the drivers of this printer.

For all of you who are experiencing DARK TINTING OVERLAY prints, you are NOT doing anything wrong.

I have been on the phone with CANON tech support for about one month straight now banging their walls down with this issue. Until now, they have been pretty ignorant pushing the fix as only to use their software. Its been a battle trying to get past the tech support agents hoping that this issue would be sent to the programmers. Though finally, after speaking to a HIGH LEVEL supervisor, I was told this issue was just presented to the software developers...and YES this is an issue!

This issue was reminscent of the same DARK PRINTING issues experienced years ago with CANON MARK PRO 9500. This issued was fixed by lowering the INK SATURATION in the printing preferences but unfortunately, there is NO option available for this and simply reccomendation ignored.

There is NO reason why the simplest of prints should come out anywhere not near the original.
Its ridiculous. I understand color tweaks here, calibration is important for exact color matching but this should not be happening.

After various round of test prints from various sources, i have posted the results below. These tests were done with all three manual color options! (ICM / Driver Matcing / No Color Management)
All prints using Canon Photo Glossy II with Canon Official Ink CLI42
Monitors professionally calibrated.

The following test prints resulted in failure
All prints matchicng exactly the same with a terrible dark tint overlay with CANON plugin installed.
* Win 7 x64 Photoshop CS5
* Win 7 x86 Photoshop CS5
* Win 8 x64 Photoshop CS 6
* Win 8 x64 Photoshop CS 6
* Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet (Wifi App)
* Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Mobile (WiFi App)
* Samsung Galaxy Note 1 Mobile (Wifi App)

The following test prints resulted successful 
* Mac Book Pro ( Perfect! One Click Print - Spotless near original)
* Canon Rebel t3 (Direct USB print) Spotless!
The firmware version 1.030 seems to be of issue here. Unfortunately, downgrading firmware is also not an option. Unless someone comes up with a hack...we all have to wait for a fix or an announcement regarding.
Hopefully CANON will take this serioulsy and fix this issue.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow