* Wed C&C (No Theme) Thread, Ed. 282, 13 09 18 *

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,157Gear list
Like?
Rising moon and sunset over Fox Ridge
In reply to 19andrew47, 11 months ago

I call this place Fox Ridge for the fox that show up here at sunset. My wife and I hiked up here on Sunday and saw two deer near the top, which is rare for this 4200 foot high ridge, a mile or two from any surface water. Before the Station Fire of 2009 there was a fiberglass cistern just over the rise that saved water for the animals to drink. That water attracted deer and fox. We're starting to see them return again this year. I want to build another watering trough.

The low grey box in the middle is a concrete cistern that holds 6500 gallons of water, locked up for use by the Forest Service. I told Andrew a story about this place below my photo in the Sunday Scapes thread about Strawberry Peak.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52180585

E-5 & 14-35 m lens at 28 mm, ISO 200, f/5.6, 1/40 sec

Fox Ridge

For perspective, the same place seen from the other direction a few months ago when the yucca were blooming. Concrete tank on the left and burnt tree just past it.

Fox Ridge

The same ridge looking towards the road/trail. The tank is visible here too. We like to picnic in the shade of these trees.

Fox Ridge

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow