Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,463Gear list
Like?
Re: X-A1 = X100 non trans with lenses in a small body
In reply to Randy Benter, Sep 18, 2013

Randy Benter wrote:

Ed B wrote:

Maybe Fuji doesn't make their own sensors; I'm no technical genius and have only read opinions for other non-technical geniuses.

Don't take my word for it. Trust the Fuji X-Pert (Rico P.) who literally wrote the book on Fuji X cameras.

He said:

"It took a while, but Fujifilm finally decided to officially announce the X-A1, the long-planned sister model of the X-M1. Let’s cut right to the chase: There’s little difference between these cameras. They look very much the same, they offer the same buttons and controls, the same processor, the same operating speed/performance, the same features, the same menus, the same build, material and size, even the same 16 MP Sony sensor. Of course, there’s one minor but important difference to mention in the sensor department: The X-M1 features an X-Trans color filter array (CFA) without an anti-aliasing (AA) filter, while the X-A1 uses a conventional Bayer CFA with an AA filter (to reduce/eliminate unwanted moiré)."

Thank you for quoting Rico's text so I didn't have to. I don't know what these guys have to gain by denying what is common knowledge these days and confirmed by the guy who, yes, LITERALLY WROTE THE BOOK on the XP1 and XE1. That coupled with the fact that Fuji has no facility to build sensors after they sold theirs off, publicly I might add.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

TThorne's gear list:TThorne's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow