Where is the"Pentax" AF RC 1.4x teleconverter that's on the Pentax roadmap for 2013?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hikenhi
Regular MemberPosts: 498Gear list
Like?
Where is the"Pentax" AF RC 1.4x teleconverter that's on the Pentax roadmap for 2013?
10 months ago

Anyone have a clue on when the "Pentax" AF RC 1.4x teleconverter is coming out? I see it on the roadmap and have got a cheesy reply from Pentax as follows:

Thank you for contacting RICOH.

RICOH does show an AF RC 1.4x teleconverter on the lens development roadmap (http://www.us.ricoh-imaging.com/files/pdf/lens_roadmap.pdf) but we have not received any more information about this or when it might be available.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Go figure, this is why I use Nikon for my professional needs and have to settle for a company like Pentax that keeps getting tossed around like a hot potato for my APS-C needs.  Because I'm invested and have exactly what I need for use it for, I guess I have to just wait.  It would be nice to have a Pentax teleconverter that works with the Pentax glass and K-5 that I use when I go backpacking and climbing.  I'll probably just end up selling all of my Pentax gear when Nikon produces the D610 and resolves the issues that the D600 had much like the tungsten autofocus issue that the K-5 "has."

hikenhi's gear list:hikenhi's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow