An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Anfy
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,380
Like?
Just a couple of observations.
In reply to Marty4650, 10 months ago

Marty4650 wrote:

• M4/3 users who don't own HG and SHG 4/3 lenses may want this camera too. Because it is also a significant upgrade from the EM5 in many ways. The EVF is significantly better, it has focus peaking, HDR, WIFI, faster shutter speed, and a somewhat better build quality and weather sealing.

E-M5 obviously has weather sealing too.

• M4/3 users who use long legacy lenses will appreciate the extra size, better grip, and generally better ergonomics of the EM1 over most of the other M4/3 cameras available today.

Sorry, but what has it to do with legacy lenses in particular? I own many - say 20 - legacy lenses and no one will work better on the new body - but for the focus peaking thing, but the Art Filter trick on the E-M5 does its job.

Of course if I should start from the scratch I would consider - FOR MICRO 4/3 LENSES - the E-M1 as a better alternative to the E-M5, if only for the EVF. But as a E-M5 owner, I am not salivating over the E-M1, and the OP has a point when he speaks of "hyperventilating reviews".

Just my opinion.

Ciao!

-- hide signature --

Viva la evolución!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow