Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Anfy
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,399
Like?
Just a couple of observations.
In reply to Marty4650, Sep 18, 2013

Marty4650 wrote:

• M4/3 users who don't own HG and SHG 4/3 lenses may want this camera too. Because it is also a significant upgrade from the EM5 in many ways. The EVF is significantly better, it has focus peaking, HDR, WIFI, faster shutter speed, and a somewhat better build quality and weather sealing.

E-M5 obviously has weather sealing too.

• M4/3 users who use long legacy lenses will appreciate the extra size, better grip, and generally better ergonomics of the EM1 over most of the other M4/3 cameras available today.

Sorry, but what has it to do with legacy lenses in particular? I own many - say 20 - legacy lenses and no one will work better on the new body - but for the focus peaking thing, but the Art Filter trick on the E-M5 does its job.

Of course if I should start from the scratch I would consider - FOR MICRO 4/3 LENSES - the E-M1 as a better alternative to the E-M5, if only for the EVF. But as a E-M5 owner, I am not salivating over the E-M1, and the OP has a point when he speaks of "hyperventilating reviews".

Just my opinion.

Ciao!

-- hide signature --

Viva la evolución!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow