Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Can somebody explain this to me?
Sep 17, 2013

Thousands use guns to kill people.  The gun is the tool.  MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of USA citizens own guns and do not kill people with them.

Thousands get behind a wheel of a car and drive drunk and kill people.  The car is the tool.  MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of USA citizens own cars and do not get behind a wheel drunk.

Owning a gun is a constitutional right.  Driving a car is a privilege, not a right.

http://www.proenglish.org/blog/399-driving-is-a-privilege-not-a-right.html

YET SOME OF YOU WANT TO REMOVE MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT.

We rarely here a thing in this forum about the deaths that occur daily by people who drive drunk.  Why aren't you SCREAMING for their PRIVILEGE to be removed?  After all, driving is not a RIGHT, it is simply a privilege and can be easily rescinded.  Removing a constitutional right is the most difficult thing in this country to do.

Yet some of you are OBSESSED with gun control, when the above situations are exactly the same, and you do not state that automobiles should be removed.

WHY IS THAT NOT HYPOCRITICAL?    Don't just immediately lash out at me, THINK ABOUT IT.

BOTH GUNS AND AUTOMOBILES KILL PEOPLE IN THE HANDS OF CRIMINALS.  WHY ARE SOME OF YOU JUST SINGLING OUT GUNS AS THE PROBLEM?

For those of you who respond civilly, I will respond to any comment or argument you might have.  For those who do not respond with civility, I will not respond.   I simply want to hear why some of you feel you can take away MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of law abiding citizens rights to bear arms, because a few hundred idiots want to ruin it for everyone else.  KEEP IN MIND, WHEN YOU COMMENT, THINK OF THE AUTOMOBILE SITUATION ALSO.

-- hide signature --

Slider44

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
1787New
(unknown member)
Why?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YupNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow