Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
BillyInya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,295Gear list
Like?
Re: X-A1 = X100 non trans with lenses in a small body
In reply to Ed B, Sep 17, 2013

Ed B wrote:

Canadianguy wrote:

I agree that they do compete against each other and it looks like the M & A models have the same sensor. I believe its the same 16 MP Sony sensor used by NEX6 and the X-E1.

They just have a different Colour Array Filter (CFA) in front of the Sony sensor.

I learn something new every day at this forum

Where are you getting your information about sensors?????

Fuji makes their own Trans-X sensor and it's not the same sensor that's in the NEX 6, and it's not a sensor made by Sony.

Now I could be wrong, and all the professional reviewers could be wrong, and the information explaining the difference between the X-Trans sensor and a Bayer sensor may be wrong; so please tell us what makes you think the sensor in the X-E1 is the same sensor that's in the Sony NEX 6.

Sony makes the X-Trans sensor? That's like saying Toyota really make Ferrari engines. Well, it's always good to start the day with a good laugh.

But hey, I too am happy to stand corrected. Lets see some evidence, any at all, that the X-Trans sensor is made by Sony.

This question has been dealt with before many times here and there is not a single shred of evidence and we all know why.

BillyInya's gear list:BillyInya's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow