Adobe Camera Raw's histogram feature - New or Not ?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tom60634
Senior MemberPosts: 1,693Gear list
Like?
Adobe Camera Raw's histogram feature - New or Not ?
10 months ago

One of Lightroom's features that was not duplicated in ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) was the ability to mouse over the histogram and see exactly which adjustment lever would affect that portion of the histogram i.e. highlights, shadows, whites etc,etc.. You are also able to make adjustments by clicking above the area you wish to adjust and moving the adjustment cursor to the left or right. This feature was jeered at as nice but non functional by many of the established Adobe gurus.

I have just discovered that this feature is available in the latest ACR cloud edition and have found it intuitive and useful. For instance I was working in the Lens Corrections panel adjusting the Lens Vignetting and was able to easily adjust other tonal regions without returning to the Basic panel. As I was making adjustments the area under the histogram next to the RGB readouts was updating how the sliders for Black, White, Exposure etc. etc. were being adjusted.

A time saver that makes adjustments between panels more effective.

tom60634's gear list:tom60634's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow