Keep the F3 or exchange for 5R?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
mike winslow
Regular MemberPosts: 448Gear list
Like?
Re: EVF & controls is why I went to the 5R. Very pleased with both. The flexibility in
In reply to Sonyshine, 10 months ago

Sonyshine wrote:

Jerry R wrote:

EVF & controls is why I went to the 5R. Very pleased with both. The flexibility in customizing the controls is excellent. The EVF is great.

-- hide signature --

Canon A2E, Sony R1, Panny TZ5, NEX C3/Zeiss 24mm E Lens, Nikon D5100 & Nikon V1

.... But the 5R has no EVF!

I was going to say that as well.. the F3 has an EVF option..

I think the %r has ISO100 and the F3 low ISO is 200.. Otherwise , there isnt allot of difference.. Maybe Wifi, but the F3 supports eyefi cards if you want to use them.

I think there might be a form factor difference as well.. F3 screen flips up 180 and will also tilt down about 20 degrees, and as someone pointed out a week ago, if that's not enough, just turn the camera upside down.. lol.

The touchscreen feature seems rather -meh- One reason to not like cell phone cameras IMHO, and cell phone touch screens are capacative.

The F3 was discontinued.. Personally, I think that it was overfeatured, so it got cancelled.. If you have a manual lens, or with the lens comps turned off and shoot fine jpeg, you can get about 17 shots in a burst

The 5 has PDAF..  I only know this since the lens firmware updates are applied only to the 5 and 6 but not to the 3's

-- hide signature --

Mike

mike winslow's gear list:mike winslow's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Sony a6000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow