Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
azazel1024
Senior MemberPosts: 1,120Gear list
Like?
Re: An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why
In reply to vadimraskin, Sep 17, 2013

vadimraskin wrote:

One disagreement from me, I don't know how good the 70D is, but the E-M5 is already at least slightly better than the 7D, let alone the E-M1 which supposedly is a little bit better than the E-M5.

So I don't know that saying the Cannon APS-c sensors are better than the E-M1 is true. Now saying the new Nikon APS-c are still better by a small amount very well might be true.

So I can see the pro OM-D camera announced and 4-8 months later the follow up prosumer OM-D camera announced, minus a few of the pro features, but otherwise with most of the basics there. Maybe at the same time as the prosumer OM-D, the entry level OM-D also gets announced...which is maybe a stripped down version of last year's prosumer OM-D possibly with a couple of updates.

Prosumer OM-D is what I am waiting for, the camera similar to E-30 vs. E-5 level; essentially same but with fewer features and less costly. Pefect for what I do with it.

Same for me. I am drolling over the E-M1, but beyond cost, it isn't the camera for me. The E-M5 body (size, styling and shape) are pretty much perfect for me. If I was going to be shooting sports, much wildlife, aviation and REALLY bad weather much, videography and maybe a couple of other things, the E-M1 WOULD be perfect (or much better anyway).

Me personally, I want the E-M5 follow up. Partly because of less cost mostly because a lot of the "pro" features that the E-M1 has are things that probably will not be in the E-M5 follow up that I don't really need and a lot of the features in the E-M1 I am drolling over are likely to be things the E-M5 follow up will see (new sensor, hopefully without PDAF disabled/removed, better EVF, faster shutter, improved IBIS, Wifi).

-- hide signature --

Many things dealing with Olympus and their OM and Pen cameras, plus my general photography and musings http://omexperience.wordpress.com/

azazel1024's gear list:azazel1024's gear list
Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow