Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
veato
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
Constructing a Tilt/Shift
10 months ago

After reading a couple of guides online I'm going to have a go at building a tilt/shift lens. It's a fairly basic build (inner tube, cable ties) but I can't seem to find the answers to a couple of questions and wondered if anyone could help?

1) I have a 28mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.7 Pentax manual focus lenses. Which focal length would be better suited to the task?

2) As I disassemble the lens body (mount, aperture ring, focus ring) I'm expecting to pre-set everything as it wont be easily changed later. I'm assuming infinity focus - fortunately marked on the lens - but I'm unsure of the aperture. Would widest be correct?

3) I think once I disassemble the aperture mechanism it will close down to the smallest aperture. Is this right?

If anyone else has attempted the same I'm be grateful for any general tips and advice.

Cheers.

P.S. Camera is an APS-C Pentax K-5 and lenses are suitable for up to 35mm full frame. I did read that using a MF lens would give a better range of movement without vignetting but unfortunately I've got to stick with what I've got.

veato's gear list:veato's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Pentax K-5 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow