Best way to process RAW? (using CNX2 or VNX2 and LR)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AlbieSky
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,332Gear list
Like?
Best way to process RAW? (using CNX2 or VNX2 and LR)
10 months ago

Sorry, I am not going to buy any other program. I am trying to get more serious about PP'n (again). I have 4 programs Aperture, LR4.4, VNX2 and CNX2. Over the years, the photos, in the various Nikon related forums which seemed to have a very good image, have been people who processed NEF in CNX2 or VNX2 and then further processed them in LR......so....my questions are for those who do this method.

What have you found to be the best and efficient way to get the best pictures from RAW?

Specifically: Do you use CNX2 or VNX2 to process NEF to TIFF, then TIFF to DNG? This is what I have seen when I asked the poster how they got such a good image.

If you do this, what do you fix using the Nikon product? WB? Do you leave the sharping alone? What basic elements of post processing is always done in your NEFF to TIFF files? I am more interested in this part. The LR steps I can read more about in guides.

Thanks for your help.

AlbieSky's gear list:AlbieSky's gear list
Nikon 1 J1 Nikon 1 V2 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +10 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow