How many still shoot film?

Started Sep 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ADMint
Senior MemberPosts: 1,033Gear list
Like?
Re: How many still shoot film?
In reply to AEPA, Sep 17, 2013

AEPA wrote:

Hmmm.... I still have 2 rolls of Kodak P3200 T-Tmax. I'll have to load up my F-5 and get those exposed before the film goes bad.

Of course I'll have to pull the ole Nikon Coolscan 4000 out of retirement to scan those shots.

Anyway I don't really miss film now that I've moved to digital, but it would be nice to shoot a few rolls to bring back the memories. Especially shooing with the F5, or even my F100

-- hide signature --

New to this forum, not to forums!

As I think film still has a place in photography I'll admit digital is a great work flow. One thing about film tho it always makes me think a little more before I press the shutter.

This is most definitely true. And it's the one thing that taught me how to expose and focus properly. Gets kind of expensive taking bad pictures

I think I'll play with my F5 in the next coming weeks to get rid of my last rolls of film.

And yeah, the one great thing about digital is the quick and easy workflow compared to film.  For me, I have a pro store process my film, but scan them myself using a Nikon Coolscan. From there I may have to clean the scans, adjust exposure, than print.

With digital it's usually just import, tweak a little, then print. Fairly easy.

With film there is something special about it, especially getting a print directly from the negative. That's becoming a lost art, and anyone doing it well could be well off it the field.

My two cents.

-- hide signature --

New to this forum, not to forums!

ADMint's gear list:ADMint's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow