X-A1 = X100 non trans with lenses in a small body

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Ed B
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,837
Like?
Re: X-A1 = X100 non trans with lenses in a small body
In reply to photo perzon, 11 months ago

photo perzon wrote:

Half of people who have an X100 are afraid of the X-trans of the X100S. The X-A1 is a small portable m4/3 sized camera that effectively gives a X100 lens options.

The X-A1 will simply be Fuji's new entry level camera (good idea).

It will have the Bayer sensor because these sensors are less expensive than the X-Trans sensors and it seems Fuji has done everything possible to keep the price down on this camera.

I'm sure image quality will be very good and that a lot of people will be happy with the camera.

Lot of talk about AA filter, etc. but I haven't heard whether this camera will have a AA filter or not.

I'd almost bet it does not have the filter because most manufacturers are opting to do away with the filter and not worry about moire. Most modern Bayer sensors seem to handle moire very well without the filter.

Not sure why anyone would be "afraid" of the X-Trans sensor. The only problem that Fuji has ever had with the sensor is the fact that third party raw converters hadn't been updated to play nice with it.

Besides that, Fuji's JPEG engine is so good that raw processing almost becomes an outdated and unnecessary procedure. Even (JPEG) white balance can easily be adjusted with many good post processing programs.

I'll get blasted for saying this but it wouldn't surprise me to see raw either completely go away or become the exception within the next couple of years.

Naturally, my opinion isn't any more valid than anyone's opinion and I suppose if you have a calibrated eye ball you could tell the difference between a well processed raw image and a well processed JPEG but the difference is almost negligible.

I'm sure the new X-A1, with the Bayer sensor, will be rated a bit lower than a camera with the X-Trans sensor but doubt most people who buy the camera will be able to tell the difference and doubt most people will even care.

I think the camera will be a big success (just my opinion again).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow