Thom Hogan: "Get fully behind Nikon 1 or drop it."

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
AustinB
Regular MemberPosts: 380
Like?
Re: Thom Hogan: "Get fully behind Nikon 1 or drop it."
In reply to Pangloss, 11 months ago

Owning an OMD for a few weeks has provided an entirely new perspective on the 1 system. While the OMD is a very nice camera, I find the usability of the 1 system even better. The AF, simplicity, and intuitive layout of the menu are excellent. The OMD menu is absurd, although other aspects of the camera are fantastic (touch screen focusing for example). There isn't as much of a gap in IQ as expected, either. And many times, I prefer the look of the 1 system for some subjective reason I can't explain.

The 1 system is the result of a lackluster effort, much indecision, bad pricing, etc. And yet, despite many unforced errors and fumbles, the company managed to produce a great ML system. If and when Nikon got serious about ML cameras, it could make serious waves. But as of now they don't get behind their own system, so my $ goes to Oly, who even with their bad menus, is pouring its heart into making great ML cameras.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow