An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why

Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,513Gear list
Like?
Improvements all around
In reply to Corpy2, Sep 17, 2013

The EM1 is shaping up to be a series of "incremental" improvements all around over the EM5. I so completely enjoyed almost all aspects of the EM5 that I figured if they made a camera that is simply a movement forward in all areas I would surely like it even MORE. While that is an assumption, based on what I've already seen and read so far I have little doubt I will really enjoy the EM1. That new lens is without a doubt a move forward beyond the 12-50 kit lens to say the least. Not that the `12-50 isn't a good lens....it IS and served me well. But I've also had a good number of pro Canon and Nikon bodies with their top lenses over the years, so to ME this new combo will be more like what I was used to in the past. NO compromise focus, NO compromise feature set, NO compromise optics and a bump to the 1/8000th shutter speed and 1/320th flash sync. Greatly improved viewfinder and one touch HDR. That works for me and warrants the upgrade. For some perhaps not. It's an individual choice, but by NO means a fail as the OP stated. It will certainly be interesting to see if my 600R flash works a tad better on the 1 than the 5.

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow