An anti-EM1 Thread - Here's why

Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,676Gear list
Like?
Improvements all around
In reply to Corpy2, Sep 17, 2013

The EM1 is shaping up to be a series of "incremental" improvements all around over the EM5. I so completely enjoyed almost all aspects of the EM5 that I figured if they made a camera that is simply a movement forward in all areas I would surely like it even MORE. While that is an assumption, based on what I've already seen and read so far I have little doubt I will really enjoy the EM1. That new lens is without a doubt a move forward beyond the 12-50 kit lens to say the least. Not that the `12-50 isn't a good lens....it IS and served me well. But I've also had a good number of pro Canon and Nikon bodies with their top lenses over the years, so to ME this new combo will be more like what I was used to in the past. NO compromise focus, NO compromise feature set, NO compromise optics and a bump to the 1/8000th shutter speed and 1/320th flash sync. Greatly improved viewfinder and one touch HDR. That works for me and warrants the upgrade. For some perhaps not. It's an individual choice, but by NO means a fail as the OP stated. It will certainly be interesting to see if my 600R flash works a tad better on the 1 than the 5.

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow